Saturday, March 26

Spring's Trying to Get Sprung...

What a difference a day (or four) makes...like I predicted, the snow is back...3 to 4 inches to be exact...so I'm glad that I got out for another drive in the Hills a few days ago to check for any signs of spring...


First, In my own backyard, one sure sign that spring is technically here is the return of the house sparrows...


Checking around at my usual stops along Sheridan Lake Road, I found this big mushroom several feet up on a tree along Spring Creek...


At the next stop, I heard this red-tailed hawk before I could locate it...


At the south end of Sheridan Lake I found a Mt. bluebird pair...the male took off before I could get a decent shot...hopefully sometime later this year I will...


I came back home via Hwy 44, stopping at Canyon Lake...is this the same squirrel I photographed during my last visit there? Poor guy had an injured ear...did a dog attack it? Hmm...


Another sign of spring....a wood duck pair was spotted on the lake.

3 comments:

  1. I hope spring comes back for you soon jann, it must be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's back to colder temps here, after 2 weeks of really nice weather, but that's normal for here. At least the Eastern Bluebirds have returned. I think your Mt. Bluebird photo is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to see the birds are returning for you. I have to admit that a short spell of sunny weather here has definitely kicked the wildlife and the plants into action BUT now the temps have fallen back a bit ... typical spring weather.
    BTW congrats on seeing the Hooded Merganser. FAB.

    ReplyDelete