Saturday, March 20

Thank You!

I just wanted to post a thank you today to those of you who made a comment about my moving to the south next year. I welcome any positive feed back about Alabama, having never been there before. Wanda tapped into what many people would feel (my mom and I discussed this)...how the thought of leaving where you are now is followed with panic, fear, sadness, etc etc. If I were Wanda I'd feel that way too; she's so fortunate to have her family close by. My family, however, is scattered far and wide. I rarely see my parents or three siblings; one sister lives out of the country. Perhaps the fact that we are scattered is a major reason for why I have no problem with moving all over the place and experiencing new scenery, culture, etc. I know that the humid heat is going to be a problem for me, but am trying to focus on the positive. It won't be NEW to me, just a big adjustment...it's been 22 years since I've lived where it's humid.

Anyway, thanks again for the vote of confidence...and for all the comments you've all posted in the past several months, I do appreciate and enjoy them! 

4 comments:

  1. You've got the humid part right my friend, but your leaving out several other things...HEAT, No need for a snow shovel, more Heat and mosquitoes...But friendly people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many beautiful places to live. I've only been in the states between here(Ohio) and Florida, up the East coast and out west to Colorado, but blogging has shown me so many more lovely places. Just don't forget your camera, when you move, Jann.:) It's your eye for beautiful photos that we enjoy, plus your nice disposition! ♥...Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked for a Company based in Birmingham. I spent a lot of time there. Also in the central part. It is a beautiful state. I'm betting you will like living there, especially after the winters you've endured. Just keep the mosquito repellent handy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jann. I've only just caught up with your recent news. I can't offer any comment on location but it will certainly be warmer the further south you go AND a different range of wildlife...how exciting will that be? FAB.

    ReplyDelete