Thursday, September 10

No Moose, Lochsa River, Sandhill Crane

No, dang it, that's a horse in the background! But I had to get a photo of the 2nd moose sign I saw this AM before the sun was up...SW of Missoula, Montana.

Not far from Missoula is the Bitterroot Mt. Range, along the NE Idaho border; I crossed the Mt range this morning, traveling along the Lochsa River for awhile. This is one of several bridges over the river. I'd never taken Route 12 before; gorgeous!

Just outside of Bend, Oregon I saw two sandhill cranes in a pasture not too far from the road, hanging out. I can't wait; tomorrow I go to a nearby Wildlife Refuge before heading on my way down the road.
Now if you'll excuse me, I didn't sleep well last night, and I just had a lovely glass of blush w/ supper next door, to help me snooze tonight, 500 more miles later...

6 comments:

  1. What a scenic view "of" the bridge and "from" the bridge...the suspension cables just seem to disappear, don't they...those pine trees are just Grand...Hope yo slept well Jann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love suspension bridges...Glad your trip is going well, get some sleep and safe travels my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Sandhill cranes are starting to stage in the harvested fields here and are a noise bunch. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jann, love that bridge! Maybe you'll see a moose tomorrow.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    Neat MT. pictures! Where is this great view of Mt. Rushmore? Keep up the great work and tell us how you are doing . . .

    DickD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures...and you got a wild sandhill crane..how cool is that!!! Can't wait to see what you will post next@

    ReplyDelete